Project Engineer – Portland
Come work with us in Portland!
R&H’s mission is to deliver an exceptional customer experience and we believe every team member is an integral part of that process. A great project engineer is an effective communicator, self-motivated, hard-working and likes to think ahead and anticipate project needs. We like to have fun and empower all of our employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. R&H’s culture has led many employees to choose to spend 30+ years of their career here, and we are committed to giving employees the resources and advancement opportunities necessary to cultivate a successful career in construction.
General Position Summary:
Provide business and administrative support to facilitate the planning and coordination of activities on designated projects to ensure goals and objectives of the project(s) are accomplished within the prescribed time and funding parameters.
Essential Duties Include:
- Perform site administration including subcontractor submittals, requests for information (RFIs), OAC meeting minutes, permit tracking, ASIs, CCDs, etc.
- Track project documentation (RFIs, Submittals, etc.).
- Understand the project specifications and ensure they are being followed on the project.
- Maintain/update the project drawing set electronically and physically
- Monitor project sustainability goals, including maintaining the proper logs/documentation and reviewing products for sustainability compliance with project requirements.
- Assist with quality control documentation and testing, including documenting work on the building envelope, window testing, etc.
- Manage the project closeout process, in conjunction with the project assistant, including the punchlist, owner training materials, procuring and tracking attic stock materials and reviewing as-builts, O&Ms, and warranty requirements.
- Attend weekly safety meetings and assist crew with spotting/resolving jobsite hazards.
- Assist superintendent/foreman with jobsite safety orientations.
- Represent R&H Construction in a positive, productive light to clients, architects and subcontractors.
- Participate in R&H business development efforts, including attending two industry networking events (or client lunches/happy hours) and attend R&H business partner events.
- Participate in PE Walks.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction that are in the best interest of the project.
- Great communication skills – written and oral
- Attention to detail, analytical approach to problems
- Personable and professional
- Collaborative, problem solver, hard working
- Takes personal responsibility for issues that arise
Key: Rarely (0-20%), Occasionally (21-50%), Frequently (51-80%), and Continuously (81+%)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to:
- Occasionally climb permanent and temporary stairs
- Occasionally climb ladders
- Frequently negotiate work areas under construction
- Occasionally balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/ or crawl
- Occasionally requires passenger use of construction personnel hoists.
- Continuous use of hands / fingers for keyboarding / mouse / and touch-screens
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Additionally, there is frequent sitting/standing at a desk.
- College degree preferred in construction/architecture/engineering or equivalent experience
- 0-5 years of construction project engineering experience
- Construction field experience favorable
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Project), Bluebeam Revu & Viewpoint
- LEED AP, OSHA 10-Hour, Revit/CAD experience are favorable
This role, depending on the project, may be located in the R&H Office or at a project in the jobsite trailer. In either environment the employee will be required to visit/be on jobsites with uneven ground and be regularly exposed to construction site hazards. The construction sites are usually moderate to very loud. Minimum supervision is provided.