At R&H Construction we are SAFE builders. Safety is a company value, not just a field value. We put the safety of our team members, subcontractors, clients, and the community first – ALWAYS. We care about one another and have a personal responsibility to allow our teammates and partners to live their best lives at work and at home.
The Safety Director is passionate about safety and is responsible for leading, implementing, and managing the Company’s safety program, which empowers every team member and business partner to have a safe operations mindset. This individual will serve as a recognized safety expert and leader to provide technical assistance and safety support throughout the organization.
- Leads the development of, believes in and clearly articulates R&H’s safety vision, objectives, strategies, policies, and procedures in order to continuously improve the company’s safety culture.
- Be a vocal safety leader, frequently praising safe behavior and immediately coaching and correcting unsafe behaviors.
- Plan, staff and supervise all department activities
- Create individual and crew awareness to hazards that are present in worksite and away from our worksites.
- Visit jobsites and work areas to ensure implementation of hazard identification and control plans,
- Confirm compliance to Federal / State OSHA and R&H standards.
- Accountable for job site assessments that ensure compliance to project safety plan and adherence to relevant safety codes.
- Maintains and verifies that all required recordkeeping related to safety is taking place.
Education & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Safety & Health, Construction Engineering Management or similar discipline
- Professional certification (CSP, CHST or CIH) preferred
- 12-15 years construction industry experience in safety function
- OSHA 30 Certified
- First Aid/CPR Trained
- Driver’s License and excellent, safe driving record
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
- 401k and Company Match
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Education & Training Classes
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Company Social & Sporting Events
- Safety incentive program