This position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating preconstruction efforts for the Special Projects Group (SPG), providing numerous conceptual estimates and developing and implementing strategies that enhance our win ratio on SPG pursuits. Most job functions occur during the early stage of the project.
- Significantly contribute to the pursuit of the Special Projects Group Revenues and profit goals, based on our commitment to customer relationships. Provide and coordinate numerous conceptual estimates, to accomplish this goal.
- Maintain a high win ratio on all pursuits by developing and implementing viable strategies that enhance our company to developers, architects and end user clients.
- Coordinate and update preconstruction schedules for the entire SPG team ensuring that potential projects are appropriately staffed by a Preconstruction Engineer/Manager or Project Manager/Engineer for estimating.
- Assist Business Development efforts by reviewing projects and providing cost feedback. Attend senior leadership and SPG business development meetings. Actively participate in and periodically lead discussions regarding workloads project goals while being mindful of resources.
- Mentor and coach team members by developing win strategies for the pursuit of worthwhile projects.
Education & Skills
- Local commercial construction material and labor costs
- Demonstrates proficiency/high level of competency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word), Bluebeam Revu, On-Screen Take-Offs
- Experience with Revit and Sketch-Up preferred
- Commercial construction design principles and drawings
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction, Civil, or Structural Engineering or equivalent similar job experience
- 10+ years of related experience required, commercial building experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
- 401k and Company Match
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Education & Training Classes
- Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Company Social & Sporting Events